Meat Purchase Options / Butchers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texas smokin

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 16, 2022
Dallas-Fort Worth
Any recommendations for purchasing meat online? Saw something on Porter Road but haven't tried them yet. For the most part just been using Sam's Club, Costco, Kroger or Albertsons (Fort Worth, TX area) but am hoping there might be some other better options out there.

Reactions: JLeonard
You considered buying off a farmer and having the animal processed? We sell that way sometimes.

I can vouch for Certified Piedmontese Beef that Robert buys, it is very good. The other options that I hear about often are Snake River Farms and Wild Fork Foods. Since you're in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, I would think that you could find a local farmer and buy directly from them if you have the freezer space. Often you can actually see the live cow that you would be buying all or part of...

Reactions: JLeonard
Saw something on Porter Road but haven't tried them yet.
I can attest to the fact that Porter Road is a first class operation. The offerings i'ce had from them have all been outstanding.
Robert, tx smoker tx smoker buys a lot from Piedmontese.
The CPB is by far the best beef we have ever had. Blessedly I have the availability to buy wholesale but the drawback is buying online (retail), it's pretty pricey.
The other options that I hear about often are Snake River Farms and Wild Fork Foods
SRF is also a top notch company. A lot of folks like WFF but I did not have the same experience. Was very underwhelmed but with so many folks enjoying their stuff, maybe I just got one less than perfect cut. Who knows.

The idea of finding a place to get a whole or half an animal locally and having it butchered is a great option. I looked into this several years ago but it seemed as though the majority of the beef from what I bought was going to end up being ground beef. I wouldn't mind some of that obviously but I didn't want it to be the majority of what I bought.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky