Meat netting sizes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

FreshGround

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 13, 2022
Can anyone point me to a thread, or an online chart, that relates netting size to meat cross-section size? This would be for wrapping and netting whole muscles after curing before putting then in the curing chamber.

Thanks

Check that out, and see if it helps. Or maybe chopsaw chopsaw will chime in and give more input.

Ryan

Thanks for the pointer. But honestly that wasn't answer my need as the discussion was about fowls, whereas I am doing whole muscles. And I'm looking for a chart so I'll know what to use no matter the size of the muscle. For example, I'm pretty sure I need a #8 for curing pork tenderloin, but I don't know what size netting I'll need for the bresaola that is curing in my refrigerator. I have a roll of #16, but I'm concerned that may be too big.

Hopefully someone will chime in.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Thanks for the pointer. But honestly that wasn't answer my need as the discussion was about fowls, whereas I am doing whole muscles. And I'm looking for a chart so I'll know what to use no matter the size of the muscle. For example, I'm pretty sure I need a #8 for curing pork tenderloin, but I don't know what size netting I'll need for the bresaola that is curing in my refrigerator. I have a roll of #16, but I'm concerned that may be too big.

Hopefully someone will chime in.
Yes, I didn't read through the whole thing, just did a search and saw that post...talking about different sizes of netting.

Ryan

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky