Meat Lover

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rollingthunder

Original poster
Dec 8, 2006
I live in Billings MT and am new to smoking. Found site while I was looking for smoking recipes. I smoked a venison roast last weekend as my first attempt at smoking. It was "ok". I used a store bought beef rub and Mesquite wood chips. I want to smoke a brisket for Christmas dinner and am really looking for advice. I have a small electric smoker.

jon, let me be the first to welcome you. i am a newbie myself, and have learned alot since i have been here. have you checked out the beef section? there is alot of brisket threads there- i have two threads there myself. these guys (and gals) are really helpful, and will share their knowledge with you. i am sure one of the more experienced ones will be by here soon, with great tips.
have you taken jeff's 5-day course? i did, and it is excellent.

Welcome, welcome!

Glad you are here. I second the 5-day course on smoking basics. Please browse through the electric smoker section of this board. Feel free to ask questions as the friendly folks here at SMF will make answer.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky