Meat grinder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I bought the $50 HF grinder and is perfect for my needs. Looking back at my post, I will say that I stuff all my sausage now with a jerky gun. Love that thing. Fast and WAY easier to clean. For juicer, looks for a used Champion on FB markeplace. Best there is.

I’m needing a meat grinder. What brand is everyone recommending and hp size? What attachments would you also get? I was thinking about getting some type of juicer to make jelly and tomato sauce also. Also is the vacuum seal worth the extra money?
Budget and real needs dictate what to get. By real needs I am talking about what you know for sure you will use, not what you might use, maybe, someday. (I've been down that road before with power tools). Lots of user reviews/comments on grinders here at SMF. As for grinder attachments for jelly/saucing I have no idea how well they work but youtube has videos so you can check that out; link for LEM attachments below. A good food mill, manual, should serve you well for the jelly and saucing and is sure to be less expensive, second link below. As for a vac sealer, always nice to have to freeze left overs or if you cook/smoke large quantities, see the video for pro/con several models.

Budget and real needs dictate what to get.

I agree with that..

Myself, I got a Cabelas commercial 1/2hp ( accepts all attachments offered)... Because I planned on doing big batches (+50lbs) when I run it. Which I will be doing this 3 day weekend...

If your wanting to use attachments then the smaller grinders won't work.. You'll need a bigger commercial style for that...

Went with the #12 3/4hp MeatYourMaker https://www.meatyourmaker.com/process/grinders/500-watt-grinder-12/1117072.html
I got skittish about store bought ground and it’s health concerns. Besides, wanted to amp up flavor of burgers, pizzas, sausage, meatballs, etc and to make use of those brisket trimmings. We do a ‘grind day’ every week or so, depending on menu (and what’s on sale). Absolutely nothing beats a fresh-ground burger!
We like grinding to the purpose, controlling mixture, fat content and coarseness; the flavor is lightyears beyond store bought.
The machine is plenty powerful, prep is easy and cleanup is a cinch. Comes complete out of the box with dies, stuffers, knife, stomper, everything. We haven’t made cased sausage (yet) but it comes with everything except casing, including a stuffing speed setting. It also has reverse.
Tip: put grinding parts (auger, die, knife, etc) in freezer along with meat for 30 min prior to grinding. When you’re done, run a heel slice of bread thru to clean out the grinder. Oh, and don't put aluminum parts in dishwasher (no need really, they’re easy to clean).
We didn’t have a KA mixer at the time, so a dedicated grinder made sense for us. Looking back, the grinder is less hassle. At $100, no regrets!
Hope this helps!

Reactions: crazymoon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky