MEAT CUTTING

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richard weaver

Original poster
Mar 2, 2012
lancaster ohio go bucks
could i get some imformation what brand of knife and size to cut meat i bought a boston butt and it took me a hour with the knife i have to cut it into cubes to grind , also i am going to try cold smoking a pork loin to moke can bacon any help you can give is going to be a big help. the loin is cured 15 days with bhi mountain buckboard bacon cure .thanks

I get the Mundial butchering knives for SausageMaker, they work fine for me, but you certainly can spend more if you want.
There are basically 4 major brands to choose from here in the US, Victorinox, Dexter-Russell, F. Dick, and Mundial.

Use a boning knife to remove the bone, I like curved curved semi-flexible, but there are others to choose from.

Use a breaking, cimeter or churrasco knife to dice up the butt.

Yep, I would cold smoke the loin below 80 degrees F give it 2-4 days to mellow covered in the fridge, then slice it and fry at low medium heat turning every 15 seconds until done (don't over-cook!), that should eliminate the dryness problem.

HTH

~Martin

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky