Meat Cuts Diagrams

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rabbithutch

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
I did a search and found a post made several years ago that diagrams the places different cuts of pork come from. I didn't find one for beef or mutton. If there is one posted, I'd appreciate someone pointing my old nose in the link to it.

I'd also like to make a suggestion that each of the smoking forums have sticky at the top that contains a diagram of where cuts come from.

Or maybe I'm the only one here who doesn't already know all about it.

:bluesbros:

That's a great poster, Big Biscuit. It certainly shows all the cuts of meat, but the numbers on the animal as so small I can't figure out which panels they refer to.

The link to Pop's post is great! Since he's from Fort Worth, I'm gonna guess he has some experience around the stockyards - or whatever their successor was.

I'm still campaigning to have a sticky at the top of each forum to show diagrams of meat cuts and where they come from.

Ok try this one on for size.
biggrin.gif

Click on the pic for a super sized version.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky