Me new :-)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

evworld

Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
Pennsylvania
Hello everyone,

I just starting out in this hobby of smoking meats. I had an old camper refrig that I converted into a smoker. I used it a few times and trashed it for a Masterbuilt digital model. Making venison jerky is what I started out to do but now have interest in smoking other things, mainly ribs. Hopefully, this forum will get me started.

Welcome to SMF evworld. This is a great place to learn everything you want to know about smoking. Check out Jeff's 5-day ecourse and browse all the rib posts you can find. You'll be smokin like a pro before you know it. Post any questions you have. Someone will be right along to give you an answer.

Keep Smokin

evworld, Welcome to SMF. Wanting good smoked jerky probably got more people hooked on this art and they expanded outwards and upward from there. You have found the right place to learn. Take a few moments, (if you already haven't) and browse through the Forum and take a look at what others here have produced. If you haven't been bit by the Smokin' bug you will be.

I'd like to invite you to sign up for Tulsa Jeff's 5-day e-Course (when he gets the sign-up link re-established) you'll find it full of useful information-some of it you might already know and stuff that will be new.

Looking forward to seeing your posts in the Fourms-

Enjoy!!

Welcome evworld,
You've come to the right place. If you want to learn, there's a lot of great people here that can help. I know if I had found them sooner, there would have been fewer 'train wrecks' on my smoker.

Welcome to the forums!

I love smoking ribs too. They are fun to cook, fun to experiment with, and they don't take too long to cook.

:)Glad to have you here evworld
Is your smoker the black model or the stainless model (outside)?

Did you get the one with the top vent and door latch?

There are a group of us that can help with your smoker if you have a question

Welcome to the SMF!
cool.gif

Evworld
Welcome... Glad you found your way to this great forum....lots of great people here ready to answer all your questions...

I got the 2007 model with the vent and other upgrades in black. Any tips with this smoker would be great.... Thanks....

Not much to tell other than enjoy the learning curve. Most of the problems have been corrected on yours. Keep an eye on the door seal they tend to distort.

Use only 3-5 chips at a time and add every 30-45 minutes as necessary. Believe me there are those here on the SMF who will tell you they learned the hard way about loading the tray down with chips! You only want thin blue smoke coming out of the top vent.

Again Welcome:)

Glad to see you made it here. Do you have any specific questions that we can assist you with?

Please feel free to share with us how you make your jerky and we love to see pictures of it if you can.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky