Max People in a Private Message

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
you have to try it the deep dish pizza had a noticably better taste and diffent consistentcy.
Next you'll have to add plain yogurt to the dough and fry it for a bit ,
20191108_175914.jpg

Add your toppings ,
20191108_183826.jpg

And bake it off ,
20191108_190956.jpg

Next you'll have to add plain yogurt to the dough and fry it for a bit , Add your toppings , And bake it off ,

Boy howdy Rich, that looks fantastic, John's already talked me into trying refrigerating for 3-5 days, when would you add the yogurt? Can you work the dough flat after frying, I'm a pizza stone guy. RAY

Boy howdy Rich, that looks fantastic, John's already talked me into trying refrigerating for 3-5 days, when would you add the yogurt? Can you work the dough flat after frying, I'm a pizza stone guy.
Had to find my notes .
This is a naan bread type of thing . I was just winging it , but looks like I added 4 tbls plain yogurt and 1 tsp baking powder to my regular dough recipe . Liquid was 1 cup warm milk instead of water .
Double rise . I just divided in 3 , but you could spread out bigger . The cook in the pan will make it rise . Has a different crust texture and good chew .
You could halve it next time you make dough , see what you think .

Steve, you have to try it the deep dish pizza had a noticably better taste and diffent consistentcy.

Sue does not like deep dish but she loved that one.

I am going to do a regular crust (just bigger for more leftovers :emoji_laughing: ) tonight and see if it is really from cold proofing.

I have read that most restaurants do this and the timeframe is 3-5 days.

I hear from a local pizza place if they dont let the dough rest atleast over night its tough. Curious how the 3-5 days works.

Had to find my notes .
This is a naan bread type of thing . I was just winging it , but looks like I added 4 tbls plain yogurt and 1 tsp baking powder to my regular dough recipe . Liquid was 1 cup warm milk instead of water .
Double rise . I just divided in 3 , but you could spread out bigger . The cook in the pan will make it rise . Has a different crust texture and good chew .
You could halve it next time you make dough , see what you think .

The yogurt is an interesting twist. Did you make a thread on it or just the recipe in this thread?

Reactions: Steve H
The yogurt is an interesting twist. Did you make a thread on it or just the recipe in this thread?
No , no thread . I have a whole folder full of good intent , then miss some final pics . Some day I might just throw the pics I have out there .
It's supposed to be a naan bread . I just used my normal dough amounts and used the adds I listed above . The yogurt adds " some " hint of fermented to it . It has a nice chew and just a little different texture . Be good as a side bread for any meal , just fry then bake the dough . No toppings . Or it's thick enough you could cut a slot in it and pack it full of whatever .

Reactions: bmudd14474
Curious how the 3-5 days works.
I've gone up to 7 . I have a thread on that one .

Reactions: bmudd14474
I hear from a local pizza place if they dont let the dough rest atleast over night its tough. Curious how the 3-5 days works.
Well I just did a regular crust pizza last night (which will get posted soon) that turned out pretty good, but I cooked it longer as it was a monster 16" one vs. the 13-14" ones I have been doing. Was really good but the crust was crispier that the deep dish one I cold fermented (of course as it is way thicker) so not an apples to apples comparison. So the jury is still out, but I am going to keep trying the cold fermentation process and posting the results so stay tuned.

John

It would benefit every paying member to have a forum that only paying member can read and post in.
(Incentive to become a paying member)
That is the only way I'd ever pay to play on a public forum.
Some of my fishing forums have pay to play area's on the forum that have laxed rules and much less moderation kind of PG13 area where people can go to blow off some steam, they are super fun.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky