Masterbuit 30 or 40 in

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shandak

Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
So, I have been researching for a bit, and have decided to purchase a Masterbuilt electric smoker for my hubby for Christmas.  I looked at the 40in at Sam's, and it seems HUGE.  But I hear people talking about needing the space.  Can someone help me out with the differences between the 30in and the 40 in?   We are a family of 4, but do cook for parties occassionally (10-12 people)

Thanks!

So, I have been researching for a bit, and have decided to purchase a Masterbuilt electric smoker for my hubby for Christmas.  I looked at the 40in at Sam's, and it seems HUGE.  But I hear people talking about needing the space.  Can someone help me out with the differences between the 30in and the 40 in?   We are a family of 4, but do cook for parties occassionally (10-12 people)

Thanks!
Welcome the the forum

The 30'' has a smaller overall size (interior and exterior) than the 40''. Most people get the 40'' due to personal reasons. Like the needed space. Most of all the 30'' you will more than likely have to cut a full rack of ribs to get it to fit. You can get a full rack on the 40'' without having to cut it in half. Both new models have all the same features. I am sure everyone on the forum would suggest getting him the 40''. This question has been asked many times on the forum. If you want the best bang for your buck go with the 40''. If you don't end up smoking allot and cant afford the bigger 40'' the 30'' is just as good just smaller.

Hope this helps

jake hit it out the park,

If you can afford the extra bucks go w/ the 40".

I never heard someone w/ the 40 say they wish they had bought the 30".

But i hear 30" owners say they wish they had bought the 40" .Alot

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky