Masterbuilt sportsmen elite propane smoker.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
So I've been reading a ton of info on here. And the info is very informative. I have the MasterBuilt propane 2 door smoker. And all the insight I have read indicates that the way the wood chips are used is a problem. And a 8" cast iron pan is the solution. I believe you use it on top of the fire disk? I included a picture. I'm hoping to use my smoker in the next week or two. And want to be sure I'm right with this.

P2240184.jpg

That is correct, I have the same smoker. Some folks on here do not use the "fire disk" and modify the cast iron pan (add legs) with long screws. Search around and you'll find pics. Currently I use the same setup you have pictured. I will move toward the legs idea at some point this spring. I'd like to add, from my experience with this smoker, I would suggest to you to use WOOD CHUNKS, the chips burn out to fast. Also, I would suggest you run a "cycle" empty with the wood chunks so "season" your smoker. Happy Smoking Brother.

Thanks for the response. I have both chunk and chips of Apple and Hickory. I am also going to season the smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky