Masterbuilt mini 7in1 propane BBQ/smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mackconsult

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 23, 2010
Vancouver, WA
So bought this from a guy on craigslist for $40.  It was brand new and he got it on a gift card from cabella's.

I liked it because it was simple, stackable, has two cooking racks that can be used at the same time, and could be put in a bag.

Using it in 10 day camping trip in yellowstone I found that the burner on the bottom didn't really work very well for BBQ/grilling.  At times I could barrelly get it over 200 F 

After getting home and scratching my head on it I found that it fits perfectly on my camp chef outdoor cooker.  I can crank it now for BBQing/grilling, in fact while cleaning it got all the way up to 500 F. 

The coolest I can get it to for smoking is around 200 F though, so I may have to go back to the old cooking base for smoking.  Either that or figure out a way to cool down the camp chef ......

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky