Masterbuilt Analog - mailbox mod ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PolishDeli

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 9, 2018
Anyone here have a Masterbuilt 30 inch Analog (MB20070210)?

The analog model does not have a side wood chip loader like the digital models do. Without that port hole, how do add a mailbox mod?

I've had this pic a few years if I ever had an analog and plugged the small vent hole in the back. Make it symmetrical for even heating with 3" holes in the top and make drain hole the same for a T. Foil bottom and cut a smaller hole than 3" to funnel grease in a can with water to air seal and have all air come in through the same hole from the mailbox. Or get a 3" vent cap. Seal hollow air spaces from cut outs with RTV high heat silicone from auto dept.
20181217_111149.jpg

Thanks, guys. I appreciate it.
Cutting a hole on the side was my first thought.

I don't have this smoker, yet. My current equipment is a digital mes30, but it is nearing its end of days. The analog seems like a better (and slightly cheaper) option:
Plan would be to run it through an ITC1000 temperature controller; no rewiring nessesary.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate it.
Cutting a hole on the side was my first thought.

I don't have this smoker, yet. My current equipment is a digital mes30, but it is nearing its end of days. The analog seems like a better (and slightly cheaper) option:
Plan would be to run it through an ITC1000 temperature controller; no rewiring nessesary.
The ITC1000 Inkbird says the temp measuring range is -50~210F. The Willhi WH-1803B you set your smoker dial to max and plug into will handle 1,650 watts and turn it to a digital on off controller with the sensor near your food for better control or an Auber PID plug and play. The analog masterbuilt I believe is 1,500 watts and I didn't see Inkbird's watt capacity. Inkbird has controllers that cover the watt capacity but I have never seen one that displays over 210F. So whenever someone wants 210F+ for hot smoking, Inkbird isn't the way to go unless building a PID.
WILLHI Digital Temperature Controller Build in Outlet 1650W 110V 15A Over Current Protection Thermostat Controller Heating Cooling -22~572℉ for Reptile Freezer Greenhouse Temperature Control, WH-1803B

I saw a Masterbuilt analog on sale for cheap last month and almost bought it, then I got to thinking about all the mods I'd need to do. Just what I need is another smoker to spend money on ....

Reactions: PolishDeli
dr k dr k
Great info!
Im not yet in the market for a new toy, just planning ahead. Thanks for pointing out better options

Reactions: dr k
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky