Masterbuilt 560 question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smkryng

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 14, 2017
I just got a 560 Sunday and seasoned according to the instructions. Had to get the floor model cause it was the last one in stock. Decided to grill some burgers last night at 350. Turned the heat up to 550 to burn off the grease and flaming grease ran out between the chute and the grill. I looked in the gap and the end of the grill looked caved in and I could see between the gasket and the grill. I assumed maybe it wasn’t assembled properly and decided to take a look. Took the heat shield off today and the gap is closed up so I’m assuming the heat caused the end of the grill to warp and cause a gap. Anyone else have this experience? Or do I have something else going on?

Last edited:
Sounds like they had an issue putting it together, after all, they are hard to assemble.
Mine has no leaks or gaps anywhere but I am a Master Auto Tech and did the work myself.
And yes, after 40 years of working on complicated stuff, I found the task took quite a while to get right.
It would not surprise me in the least if the teenager who does assembly struggled to finish in the time allowed and took shortcuts.

Reactions: Smkryng
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky