• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Masterbuilt 560 exhaust mod, anybody done it?

Chasdev

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 18, 2020
As soon as I saw the exhaust slot on my 560 I thought it was compromise design decision and probably works correctly at a narrow heat range, which means at higher and/or lower temp settings it's not optimal.
I use mine on a screen porch with a fan hung right next to the exhaust to blow the smoke through the screen and into the yard and while the hanging fan rig works great at keeping the smoke out of the house and off the porch, I think I may be sucking too much smoke and heat out of the cooker.
So, anyone have a report on the use of a variable exhaust device?
For now, I'm going to try different opening levels with some gorilla tape to see what happens...

rexster314

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 7, 2012
Several Facebook groups for the Gravity Feeds have adressed that problem with movable "slats" that are attached to the back of the smoker

Chasdev

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Saw that gizmo, wondering what effect it has or is it just another place to piss away dollars, so I would like to hear testimony.
Some of the other items are, IMHO, less that worthy of my frog pelts.

rexster314

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 7, 2012
Saw that gizmo, wondering what effect it has or is it just another place to piss away dollars, so I would like to hear testimony.
Some of the other items are, IMHO, less that worthy of my frog pelts.
The one with the sliding gate is the one I'd get if I were so inclined. Makes more sense than the swinging arm kind. Plus Nathan Kloter builds good stuff. I bought his firebox mod back in June when my 2 month old 1050 burned out it's firebox

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.