Masterbuilt 1050 -- How to get lower temps?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LazyASmithy

Original poster
Jul 29, 2022
Sorry if this is a repeat but I did not see the question anywhere else.

Does anyone have an idea on how to get the Gravity 1050 down to 135 or 140? I've had mine about 6 months and love it --the only shortcoming I've noticed so far is 150 is the lowest setting. I've tried turning it on and off but it's pretty labor intensive and defeats the purpose.... anyone with an idea is welcome.

Welcome to SMF from SE GA!
Never tried to go that low LazyA.
Are you wanting to cold smoke ?

Keith

Can't help you out there LazyASmithy, but glad you joined us.

welcome to the forum!! sorry don't have any info for your question, but somebody will come along and help you out. enjoy your time here!

Does anyone have an idea on how to get the Gravity 1050 down to 135 or 140? I've had mine about 6 months and love it --the only shortcoming I've noticed so far is 150 is the lowest setting. I've tried turning it on and off but it's pretty labor intensive and defeats the purpose.... anyone with an idea is welcome.

Have you tried propping the lid open a bit?? Propping the lid open by about an inch will allow some of the heat to escape. Give it a test.. Fire up your MB 1050 and when ready, set its temp to 150* degrees and then use a small wood chunk piece or a small wad of aluminum foil and place it between the cooking chamber and lid on the side near the charcoal hopper. That’s the side the heat is being generated on your smoker. I’m sure your smokers temp will drop 20*-30* degrees to where you want it. If the temp drops to much, then increase the controllers temp up 10*-20* degrees to compensate. Give it a test try and post back how it turns out. Good luck.

Char-Griller 980 GF… Pellet Pro Austin XL and a few more mods... In SoCal and Always... Semper Fi

Welcome sounds like you need a electric smoker , they are the only style that can do less heat reliably

If would help if we knew what you want to accomplish with the lower temp.

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky