Man does not live by bread alone...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Lately my Crohn’s disease has been kicking my butt. Been craving red meat figured my iron levels were down. Went to Kroger’s and checked out the meat counter. Found a honking big porterhouse and a couple of pretty filets for Lesa and Bryce. Did a simple kosher salt and coarse black pepper seasoning. Cooked it low and slow on the Weber Kettle til an IT of 115 degrees then reverse seared til 135 degrees. Had a baked potato and salad for sides. Thanks for looking.
Jim
0A6541A1-06D7-47F9-8C95-7D36F0D3E009.jpeg
0FAD570A-72B4-4801-9AD2-C3355484D10F.jpeg
And of course the plates pic.
99A73A70-9FCA-448C-87EC-A178D2D238D9.jpeg

Those look great Jim!! Done just how I’d want them. I have a buddy with Crohns, I know from him that it can be a struggle at times.

Reactions: JLeonard
Simple and straight forward is always best. That’s salt of the earth style eats right there. I’d be a happy man with that. Nicely done!

Looks great Jim! Perfect meal and done just right. Hope you feel better. Thanks for sharing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky