Making snack sticks question on stuffer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I took all my stuffing tubes to Home Depot and bought slightly smaller dowel sticks that fit in them, then brought them home and cut them to double the length. Then I undo the tube and push the remainder into the stuffing tube and out into the casing.
thearsenal.jpg

I took all my stuffing tubes to Home Depot and bought slightly smaller dowel sticks that fit in them, then brought them home and cut them to double the length. Then I undo the tube and push the remainder into the stuffing tube and out into the casing.View attachment 395438
There ya go . Another lesson . I did the same , have dowels to fit my tubes , but never thought to use them to stuff the last of the meat paste . I used them just to clean the tube out . Now I will stuff the last of the mix . Thanks !

I pretty much only do snack sticks/breakfast sausage.. I found one of our wooden spoons has the right size handle to fit inside the tube.. I first put a little wad of papertowel in the tube then push the remainder into the casing... Then squeeze the wad of papertowel back out of the casing ...

It's the design of the stuffer. They way they use a 90* elbow off the bottom is different that the way the LEM and other stuffers do it. I have a Northern Tool 5lb stuffer thats about 11 years old and this is what I have left over in the bottom of mine (basically it's the same as the old nylon gear LEM model). The stuffer tube is off the side at the bottom instead of in a 90* like the Hakka.

Just enough meat left between the bottom of the stuffer body and whats in the snack stick tube to make a "cooks treat" fried patty about the size of a breakfast sausage.

7ZDXruwl.jpg
gXw1G5bl.jpg
I have a LEM jerky cannon that works for that last pound of meat left at the bottom of the stuffer. If I had a LEM 5 lb stuffer, I would use it. There is usually a bit left in the bottom of my LEM electric 20 stuffer. The 3/8 horn off the 20 fits on the jerky cannon.

Reactions: pa42phigh
That’s what I do,but I already owned the jerky cannon it’s how I first started making snack sticks Now I use it to finish up what is left in the stuffer because of that elbow. The pack of snacks sticks is what was left in stuffer. I’ve never tried the bread trick.
3F831CB6-041F-4E6D-B767-D38B743BC300.jpeg

Reactions: Steve H
I also have an old water run stuffer, pushing that piston back can be a bit hard sometimes.

Kinda funny to see this one again. Time flies! Anyhow, I have both a stuffer and a jerky gun now. As fate would have it, my stuffer tubes tube fits on the gun. The 10mm snack stick tube is HARD to use on the stuffer but works EASILY on the gun. Loading the the gun is not bad at all. I use an ice cream scooper tool. Honestly, I love the gun and is second nature to me using a caulk gun a long time. Great for small batches like I do. I should have bought that a long time ago.

Kinda funny to see this one again. Time flies! Anyhow, I have both a stuffer and a jerky gun now. As fate would have it, my stuffer tubes tube fits on the gun. The 10mm snack stick tube is HARD to use on the stuffer but works EASILY on the gun. Loading the the gun is not bad at all. I use an ice cream scooper tool. Honestly, I love the gun and is second nature to me using a caulk gun a long time. Great for small batches like I do. I should have bought that a long time ago.

I'm doing the same now with using the jerky cannon for sticks. Much easier for small batches. Thanks for the idea with the ice cream scooper. I'll try that the next time.

Go big or go home :emoji_laughing:

35 pounds at a time. Only thing that gets left behind is what is in the tube which does not amount to much.

NLLrcBZ.jpg

rTRmkAB.jpg

My kid was making snack stick when he was 4, he is now 15 but still love making them.

9OelGUs.jpg
Do you have any details that you can share on making the various tubes?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky