Makin' Maple-Honey Bacon!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great looking bacon. I use maple sugar and thats enough maple for me. I apply it two times thou.

Reactions: sawhorseray
With all the maple syrup and stuff for you notice this style of bacon burning more easily?

I fry it up on real low heat Peach to avoid burning, takes me about 15 minutes with a couple of flips to avoid any blackening, which I hate. Any bacon with a lot of sweet stuff has to be fried up slow, I'm used to it and it's worth the wait to me.

Great looking bacon. I use maple sugar and thats enough maple for me. I apply it two times thou.

I use maple sugar Adam, and maple syrup, just never really got the maple flavors I've been seeking for 20 + years, I like this, tho it might not be for everyone. I think not only the Mapeline but the added cure time really helped the penetration, gonna have some more for dinner, I'm beat. Went to three markets today for brisket and butts, chopping and grinding up stuff up for 20 pounds of hipshot burgers. Lot of work and running around old a old guy, but worth it, it's what we do. RAY

Reactions: pc farmer
Man Ray that bacon is perfect!! It’s been a long time since I’ve seen Mapleline. It was a staple in my Grandmas kitchen.

That is some fantastic looking maple bacon Ray! I want to do maple bacon, so thanks for posting the step-by-step. It looks like it really came out good.

I’m just picturing a nice breakfast sandwich with this stuff. Sausage patty, fried egg and maple bacon. A man can dream.

Man Ray that bacon is perfect!! It’s been a long time since I’ve seen Mapleline. It was a staple in my Grandmas kitchen.

Thanks Jeff! I'd imagine your grandma and I have a little something in common, we're both old! I wouldn't think Mapeline make for very good syrup over French toast and pancakes, but it worked well for me here. RAY

That is some fantastic looking maple bacon Ray! I want to do maple bacon, so thanks for posting the step-by-step. It looks like it really came out good. I’m just picturing a nice breakfast sandwich with this stuff. Sausage patty, fried egg and maple bacon. A man can dream.

Thanks Joe! My favorite breakfast sanny is bacon, eggs, maple breakfast sausage, and cheddar off the flattop on a homemade bun. Heck, you've just inspired me, I happen to have all the fixin's on hand! Thanks for the Like amigo, I do appreciate it. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky