Make ahead ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

claregirl

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
Newtown, CT
I'm smoking my baby back ribs right now using Jeff's 2-2-1 method.  But, I am cooking them for our Christmas party this weekend.  I do not want to be out on the cold deck, in the dark while the party is going on.  I was going to completely cook them, then on the night of the party put some of Jeff's sauce on them and put them under the broiler for 5 minutes. 

Does this sound OK or does anybody else have a suggestion?

Last edited:
That should work fine. What I have done successfully is put the cut up done ribs on a wire rack in a electric roasting pan and pour beef broth or au jus underneath them at about 200 deg. They warm up fast and stay warm for hours in the roaster.

Reactions: claregirl
OMG, Tikiboy.  That's awesome.  I will be having hot food on two 6' tables in our family room during the party and my BIG electric roasting pan that I never use can be taken out of the back of the closet!  Thank you, very much.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky