Mailbox to gas grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kirbygw

Original poster
Jun 5, 2022
Now that I have the mailbox mod for my otherwise lame Masterbuilt electric, wondering if anyone has used the mailbox with a Weber gas grill? My gas grill is able to maintain temps better than the Masterbuilt and can quickly transition from low temp smoking to high temp searing.

The problem with doing a mailbox is where you can connect the mailbox pipe to the gas grill without having the gas flame eat up the smoke. If the smoke enters below the burner, the flame will eat up the smoke as the smoke rises up by the burner. The smoke must come into the grill somewhere above the gas flame or at least way to the side of the flame.

Instead of doing a mailbox, might consider just using a A-Maze-N pellet tube, sitting up on the grill next to the meat.

Reactions: tallbm and zwiller
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky