made up some sausage today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

t-bone tim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 24, 2007
N.B. Canada
Here's a pic of some sausage I done up today...2 flavors , 10 # spicypork and 20 # farmers style which IMHO tasted alot like the JD reg flavor fatty which I cannot get here ...anyhow I linked all the spicypork and left 6, 2 # bags of bulk for homemade fattys of the farmers and linked the other 8 #

these were 2 pre-mixes I bought locally from a company that supplies our knives and saw blades and such at work ...

I have 2 smokers to break in ,my homebuilt and the new brinkman ,,,which now can be done right having fattys to include
biggrin.gif

Looking good and very nice work. You are making me jealous, I am very much looking forward to our sausage making season as I have a new peice of equipment to show off !!!

T bone

great looking sausage you are gonna get addicted to this stuff everything i make tastes so good last friday i did 30 pounds of deer pepperoni for a freand and brought it over to his house there were about six guys there and they ate almost the whole 30 pounds it was fun lots of beer going around and good times
huey

Huey ,that sounds like alot of fun ...gotta try my hand at pepperoni ....although 30 # in one night even between 6-7 guys with beer ,sounds like one might spring for the 3 ply for the mornin after
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

A 25 lb. "Sauasage Maker" sausage stuffer off of eBay. We have been using a 4 quart Enterprise for 6 years and needed to move up. We got the stuffer for $183.50 including the shipping and it retails for $925.99 plus shipping. Stuffing should get easier !!!

Mossy thats great ,,,it'll make life alot easier....believe it or not I still don't have a stuffer ( although it's at the top of the toy list ) this sausage was done thru my grinder with a tube attached ....very slow and alot of wear n tear on my grinder
PDT_Armataz_01_31.gif

As usual, very impressive T-Bone, between your bacon n sausage, i think you should open up your own store!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
At least i would place an order
icon_mrgreen.gif

LOL,,,yeah Bubba ,mrs.T-bone works at a call center ,,,everytime she takes samples to work ,she comes home with several requests ,,,keeps me thinkin ???
wink.gif

Hey TBone.just checkd out the pics............lookin good dude
If you have to use the grinder maybe you should consider using a spacer instead of the plate.....not so much wear and a lot faster comin through the tube.
If you want one and can't find one let me know...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky