Made some snack sticks today!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thebigman65

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
Results are good!.....some were hung a little too close so not great colour on a few sides.....but otherwise not too bad.....taste test tomorrow!

20190824_213035.jpg

received_478033039648386.jpeg

Looking good, making snack sticks is on my todo list but 1st I need a meat grinder and stuff!

What kind of casings did you use? Seasonings?

I will post in a bit when I try them. I used 19mm collegen casing. Mixed 80/20 ground beef with some ground up pork fat (belly pieces) and my spice mix for 10lbs is as follows:

- 2 tsp Cure #1
- 6 tbls salt
- 1 tbls black pepper
- 1 tbls Ancho Chili powder
- 3/4 tbls garlic powder
- 1.5 tbls sugar
- 2 tsp Cayenne
- 1tsp paprika
-1.5 tbls of crushed red pepper (I grind it a little more )
- 2tbls Frank's red hot
- 1 cup ice water

Mix all ingredients in the ice water and add to meat...mix well and stuff.....dry in smoker at 100 degrees for 1 to 1.5 hours.....raise temp every hour by 10 degrees until internal temp is 157 to 160 depending on how dry you want them. I did about 2 hours (after drying) of hickory smoke.

All ready to go in the vacuum sealer bags.....taste is awesome.....a little inconsistency with the finish as I had the too close together in the smoker.....lesson for next time!

20190825_115000.jpg

20190825_115005.jpg

Reactions: drdon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky