Made my first pizza in four years.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SKade

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 21, 2019
West Virginia
Made my first pizza since I had to leave the restaurant industry. The kid was amazed when I tossed the dough in the air to stretch it out. He told me I was like a chef. 😂
If he only knew how much time I’ve spent I a kitchen. I broke in the new pizza stone on the Masterbuilt. Pizza was cooked great. Wife told me the sauce wasn’t right. Next time I guess I’ll have to make it rather than do store bought. With how easy this was I see more pizza in our future.
BF1A310B-7BFA-4A09-99EA-1E93748C3E21.jpeg
8A12482B-5F02-4A0D-9C6D-8FBD02604C8B.jpeg
84687AF7-373F-4BC4-89A0-F6D6B687DA18.jpeg

Attachments

• 68E0D6F3-735E-4986-9CB0-F0979A390BBB.jpeg
    68E0D6F3-735E-4986-9CB0-F0979A390BBB.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 9
Good looking pizza, love me some pineapple on mine also. I have tossed quite a few pizzas in the air many many years ago.
Yes make your own sauce, plum tomatoes hand crushed and your own blend of spice , nice

David

Reactions: SKade
Made my first pizza since I had to leave the restaurant industry. The kid was amazed when I tossed the dough in the air to stretch it out. He told me I was like a chef. 😂
If he only knew how much time I’ve spent I a kitchen. I broke in the new pizza stone on the Masterbuilt. Pizza was cooked great. Wife told me the sauce wasn’t right. Next time I guess I’ll have to make it rather than do store bought. With how easy this was I see more pizza in our future.View attachment 497803View attachment 497804View attachment 497805

Looks great. Which Masterbuilt do you have? And what temp did you run at? Pre-heat the stone? If so, for how long?

She looks great to me. You still have the touch. I have to agree with making the sauce rather than buy it. Just something about being homemade, even when we use the same ingredients, without the additives, found commercially. 🍻
John
Agreed. Homemade sauce is definitely going on the next on.

Good looking pizza, love me some pineapple on mine also. I have tossed quite a few pizzas in the air many many years ago.
Yes make your own sauce, plum tomatoes hand crushed and your own blend of spice , nice

David
It’s a skill you don’t really lose. Not useful in any other situation but still a skill that sticks with you. The sauce is definitely going to be made next time. I just wanted to keep it simple for the test run. Honestly I also didn’t know the store bought would be that bad either. Normally I can doctor a sauce and make it palatable. This there was no hope.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks great. Which Masterbuilt do you have? And what temp did you run at? Pre-heat the stone? If so, for how long?
I have the gravity series 560. I ran it at 555. I put the stone on before I lit the grill. It was up to temp by the time I assembled my pizza. I used parchment paper because I don’t have a pizza paddle. The paper worked out just fine. Easy to put on the stone and easy to remove. It went for 11 minutes. Crispy on the bottom and crust was all nice and brown.

What a minute... There's PINEAPPLE on that pizza?!?!?! How do I unlike???? :emoji_laughing:

Stick around here long enough and you will be making your own pepperoni.
Pineapple belongs on pizza sir. 😁 Funny you mention pepperoni. I’ve only cured bacon and pastrami so far but I have a broke down refrigerator from a restaurant that I plan on turning into a curing chamber to do salami, pepperoni and the like.

Reactions: zwiller
It’s a skill you don’t really lose. Not useful in any other situation but still a skill that sticks with you. The sauce is definitely going to be made next time. I just wanted to keep it simple for the test run. Honestly I also didn’t know the store bought would be that bad either. Normally I can doctor a sauce and make it palatable. This there was no hope.
Yes i still find myself once in awhile spinning a washcloth in the air. Wife thinks I'm nuts but that's ok because I already knew that.

David

Looks very nice! The dough is perfection. And I'm in the pineapple stays on the pizza camp! First had that in Hawaii back in the 80's.

My husband and I use chopped tomatoes as our pizza sauce, it's enough for a delicious Margarita.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky