Made me real charcoal baskets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HowlingDog

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 16, 2019
So I had a charcoal holder that looked like I made it with a rock! No, no pictures will be posted. I looked around the garage and found some leftover metal, bolts, etc and over the course of a couple of days, cut, drilled and bolted these together. The smaller one is for sticks/chunks/charcoal for my "normal" smoking. The bigger one, with dividers, is for my attempts and long and low smoking for bacon and sausage.
View media item 554481
View media item 554482
Have not had a chance to test them yet. I did throw them in the firebox with a whole chimney of charcoal to burn things off. I am hoping the one with dividers coupled with the A MAZE N tube will be just the ticket for bacon and sausage.

Reactions: shoebe
Thank you! There are a couple of "oops" but hay, it is a charcoal basket and it was free!!

Great looking fab.
I am embarrassed to post my charcoal and stick basket next to yours.
Looks ugly as I changed my design halfway through weld-up.
It also was free with some bartering at the local scrap yard for the expanded metal.
basket.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky