Lumber Jack Pellets at Rural King.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin Braker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 21, 2018
The RK in Tiffin Oh has all the varieties of LJ pets @$4.99 a bag!!!
Instore only, not able to order online for pickup or delivery.
I fear they may be getting rid of them in favor of something else..

At my local rural king in martinsville Virginia they are not on sale for that price. I stopped in yesterday and they had rural king branded pellets that are made in WI which is where lumberjack pellets are produced. They were 7.88 a bag

Reactions: sweetride95
The RK in Tiffin Oh has all the varieties of LJ pets @$4.99 a bag!!!
Instore only, not able to order online for pickup or delivery.
I fear they may be getting rid of them in favor of something else..
They most likely over ordered because of supply chain issues and need the space for other things, so they are blowing them out to make room.

I just looked and Lumber Jack pellets are 4.99 a bag at my nearest Rural King which is in south AL

At my local rural king in martinsville Virginia they are not on sale for that price. I stopped in yesterday and they had rural king branded pellets that are made in WI which is where lumberjack pellets are produced. They were 7.88 a bag
So I decided to take a ride and they were on sale. I guess it started today so I got my self 10 bags of comp blend and 2 bags cherry

I've never tried lumberjack before but saw the $5 deal near me so went to check it out.

Was pretty picked over when I got there but I did get a bag of pecan. My theory is they're going all private label. The RK near me had pallets of all kinds of the RK brand but most were plastic wrapped.

I hadn't really planned on going to Rural King today, but a friend texted this morning and asked if I wanted to ride up there with him, so ...... I picked up some hickory and cherry. Probably should have grabbed some pecan, but didn't. Most of the Lumberjack stuff was gone and a lot of what was still there were busted bags. At $4.99 a bag, I figured it would be pretty picked through by the time I got there. As the previous poster said, there was plenty of the RK branded stuff.

I got
2 cherry
3 competition
3 hickory
2 oak
3 pecan
1 Mesquite
I already had a competition, bag of kingsford Mesquite, quarter bag of cherry and quarter bag of pb apple….
I should be good for a season at least

I stopped in to my local RK a few months back to get some Lumber Jack to try, well not exactly local as its an hour round trip just in driving. It was off sale at the time and the price was the same as TSC where I can get Bear Mountain. I can get Pit Boss at the local Walmart for the same price as well. To be honest we like the Bear Mountain over the Pit Boss and the Pit Boss over Lumber Jack.

• Wow
Reactions: Steff3
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky