Lox a la Al!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ray, the lox look outstanding with that light kiss of smoke. Well done, amigo!
Congrats on catching the well deserved ride too.

Stu

P.S. Einstien's have the best bagels in the valley and I sure do miss them. The closest shop to me now is over 30 miles away.

Hmm.....Never had it...But i'd give yours a try! Jim
Thanks Jim! You never really know if you are going to like something or not until you try it. Think of sushi, many say they don't like it without ever having tried it, because it's raw fish. We love the stuff, sushi, sashimi, tempura, delicious! Thanks for the like Jim, I appreciate it. RAY

Reactions: JLeonard
Thanks Stu, and thanks for brainstorming the assist! Now I'm thinking lox could easily be cold-smoked on a Weber 22". I'd want the smaller 6" tube to get right on the bottom vents, and a cold morning would be needed, piece of cake

I have a Einstein's Bagel shop right across Williams Field Road, maybe 300 years as the crow flys. They don't sell lox anymore, health dept. shut that down. When we first moved here I went over with some of my own and was asked to put it away or leave, now Jan gets the fresh bagels thru the drive-up window, they are the best around, as is my lox! Thanks for the Like Stu, I do appreciate it! RAY

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Ray, I'm glad to have been able to assist. A lot of times two heads are better than one.
And yep, you know exactly why I was looking at the 6" tube.

I know that area around Williams Field very well even from years ago when that area was nothing but crop fields and dirt roads.

Stu

Reactions: sawhorseray
Ray, I'm glad to have been able to assist. A lot of times two heads are better than one.
And yep, you know exactly why I was looking at the 6" tube.
I know that area around Williams Field very well even from years ago when that area was nothing but crop fields and dirt roads. Stu
I think the 6"er right on the very bottom is the way to go!

We live in the Gilbert Ranch subdivision about a quarter mile down from Val Vista towards Chandler, I think these places were built around 1998 Stu. Our home was one of the original models, love it here! RAY

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
We love lox! That looks incredible!
Thanks Jed, now you know what to do! I tried making it a couple for times before coming here and was never happy with the finished product. Tried Al's method, slam dunk each and every time, and it can be done on just about any setup. Thanks for the Like Jed, much appreciated! RAY

Reactions: bauchjw
I think the 6"er right on the very bottom is the way to go!

We live in the Gilbert Ranch subdivision about a quarter mile down from Val Vista towards Chandler, I think these places were built around 1998 Stu. Our home was one of the original models, love it here! RAY
That area certainly has developed over the past 40-50 years. Nothing but cotton, corn, alfalfa, melon fields and orange groves for miles back in the day. LOL
And the 60 was only two lanes wide. Hell, I remember when the 60 ended at Mill in Tempe.

Some nice looking lox Ray! I always wanted to try it because I’m unsure if I would like it, but it always looks delicious. There’s a new bagel place that opened within walking of me, I might have to venture out and try it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky