Low Country Boil Skewers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
Low Country Boil Skewers

20220428_192720.jpg

Rather than fire up a big pot of boiling water and cook all these flavors I decided to try something different.

I started a small pot of water on the stove to boil and fired up the grill to preheat.

The baby potatoes were boiled for 7 minutes while I sliced the corn on the cob, sliced up the Chicken Andouille Sausage and prepped the shrimp. The shrimp shells were left on during grilling to protect them a bit and to hold more of the Cajun inspired butter.

The whole stick of butter was melted and Salt, Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic Powder and minced Garlic and some Parsley.

Pre built the skewers while the potatoes were boiling and then added them and everything went on the grill with a nice dousing of the Cajun butter. Flipped them over after 4 minutes and another butter bath and 4 more minutes and it's time to eat!

That is so creative, so cool, and looks absolutely fantastic!! About the best looking skewers I've ever seen....but I love Cajun inspired food so it'd stand to reason :emoji_laughing: Very well done

Robert

Reactions: kilo charlie
Awesome!!
Looks Outstanding, Charlie!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thank you Bear!
My kind of meal right there, nice job!
Thank you!
Man-o-man! That will be done as soon as I can find decent corn on the cob. Awesome idea. And it looks out of this word.
Thank you! I was surprised the store had fresh corn already!
Looks excellant!
Thank you!
That is so creative, so cool, and looks absolutely fantastic!! About the best looking skewers I've ever seen....but I love Cajun inspired food so it'd stand to reason :emoji_laughing: Very well done

Robert
Thank you Robert! Tha Cajun Butter goes so well with this whether is boiled, broiled or grilled!

I bet it was !
Not big on chicken sausages, but I'd surely mow down a few sticks of those. :emoji_thumbsup:
Thank you and surprisingly I find the Chicken Andouille to have a great flavor.

I've also been getting fresh sausages from a local butcheshop that are flavored with blue cheese and black pepper... such an amazing combination!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky