Love to smoke but can't eat after?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It used to happen to me on longer cooks. Now however I usually combine a shorter cook with the longer one and either snack on it while cooking or sit down and eat it as a meal. I also don't start digesting the beer till the cook is at least half way done. Since I cook more then the family can possible consume in one setting I usually vacuum seal it for a latter time.

Chris

I'm the same way. Just before winter sets in I cook up a bunch (10-15#) of pulled pork, weigh it out in 1 and 2# bags, vacuum seal and freeze.

I'm ready for when the snow is on the ground and the BBQ bug bites...I bit back!

As for beer...I homebrew my own. Winter is the best time to brew. I usually have about 10 kegs (2 in the kegerator and 8 in the keezer) of something ready to tap at a moment's notice. There are only 6 left in the keezer, but I've brewed 8 batches so far this year and only kegged 2 of them. The last (3 out of 3) batch of Hefe Weizen was brewed on Sunday. When it's ready I'll be blending 15 gallons which should give me at least 4 cases (80) of 1/2 liter bottles.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky