Love Rueben melts!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If I can find any.
LOL TOTALLY get that! Last year water chestnuts were scarce. Always SOMETHING every year.

Any of you guys on the fence about making pastrami just do it. I have not perfected it yet but is WAAAY better than store bought.

Reactions: Steve H
For sure an awesome redemption of a great sammie. Rubens may not be the best sammie but they are well ahead of whatever is second in my book.

Warren

Ruebens and BLTs are gods gift to sandwich lovers , and yours looks perfect Steve

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: forktender
Ruebens and BLTs are gods gift to sandwich lovers , and yours looks perfect Steve

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris!!

For sure an awesome redemption of a great sammie. Rubens may not be the best sammie but they are well ahead of whatever is second in my book.

Warren
Thanks Warren!

LOL TOTALLY get that! Last year water chestnuts were scarce. Always SOMETHING every year.
Water chestnuts and straw mushroom are real hard to find. We finally scored a dozen cans of each.

Any of you guys on the fence about making pastrami just do it. I have not perfected it yet but is WAAAY better than store bought.
Agree 100% A good rub of course FCP and coriander works perfectly for me.

Reactions: zwiller
Great looking Reuben! The best pastrami is the one you'll make yourself. Trust me. I'll need to document my next one.

Reactions: 801driver
Look great Steve. I been toying with the idea to make Corned beef from chuck roast.
I have used the "Crockpot" brand of Corned Beef seasoning with a roast in my slow cooker and it was not bad at all. Seemed just a little sweeter than the packaged real ones I used to get already to go from the store. Amazon has several brands of seasoning packs also. For me it was good enough to enjoy without a lot of extra work. Good luck to you.

Great looking sandwich, Steve! My favorite, also.

Spook, I've made pastrami several times with brisket. Sometimes curing it myself, sometimes buying corned beef. For best results, look up Chef Jimmy J's pastrami rub recipe. It's the best!!!

Reactions: Steve H
Great looking sandwich, Steve! My favorite, also.

Spook, I've made pastrami several times with brisket. Sometimes curing it myself, sometimes buying corned beef. For best results, look up Chef Jimmy J's pastrami rub recipe. It's the best!!!
Thanks Mike!

Steve, There are small diners, bars, and restaurants here in the Pittsburgh area which are noted for their Ruben Sandwiches. Yours looks as good or even better than the ones I have had at various locations. I love the fact that you are using home made sauerkraut and the bread looks just like the way I love it. Done to perfection!

Nice job man!

John

Looks awesome!
Thanks!

Steve, There are small diners, bars, and restaurants here in the Pittsburgh area which are noted for their Ruben Sandwiches. Yours looks as good or even better than the ones I have had at various locations. I love the fact that you are using home made sauerkraut and the bread looks just like the way I love it. Done to perfection!

Nice job man!

John
Thanks John!

Oh man, does that look killer, Steve.
I love Rubin's big time, and to top it off with homemade kraut... touchdown!!!

You had me at homemade Kraut! The rest was oh man! Now I want a Reuben!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky