Lousianna 900

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mackenziejk

Original poster
Jul 27, 2021
Hi I have a new 900 when I first got the unit smoking would 5ish pounds of pellets at 200. I got a new controller but the auger sounds like it’s running none stop dropping pellets every 30 seconds is this right. When. I first started this smoke it was burning 2ish pounds per hour again seems high at 215

WELCOME. That don't sound right at all! So many Pellet makers brag their unit burns no more than 1 pound per hour at 350°F. Something is still not right. I hope Customer Service is helping you...JJ

Is the cooker temp running too high?
Is there a large pile of pellets left in the burn pot when you shut it down?
Burning pellets create heat so if there's too many pellets getting delivered to the burn pot it will either run hotter than your input selection would allow OR they are not burning which means you will be able to see them sitting there in a pile.
How many pellets it consumes may be dependent on the brand and type of pellets (and possibly if they are completely dry or if they have absorbed too much water vapor) so if everything else is working normally as in proper temp control and nothing but ashes left in the burn pot then you don't have a mechanical or electrical problem and might need to consider a different approach to a cure.

Is the cooker temp running too high?
Is there a large pile of pellets left in the burn pot when you shut it down?
Burning pellets create heat so if there's too many pellets getting delivered to the burn pot it will either run hotter than your input selection would allow OR they are not burning which means you will be able to see them sitting there in a pile.
How many pellets it consumes may be dependent on the brand and type of pellets (and possibly if they are completely dry or if they have absorbed too much water vapor) so if everything else is working normally as in proper temp control and nothing but ashes left in the burn pot then you don't have a mechanical or electrical problem and might need to consider a different approach to a cure.
Hi I clean out the burn pit each time. I am using the LouisaNna pellets . No only a couple left in the burn pot.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky