Louisiana Estate 860BI

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kgoyanks

Original poster
Mar 30, 2019
Anthem AZ
New to pellet smoking and using this is concert with my Kamado. I love the easy cooking with the smoker but it seems like I get more of a smoke flavor from using my Kamado. Am I doing something wrong or is this typical? I love the versatility of the Estate but wondering if I can add smoke flavor to my cooking.

Sorry I can't help you out with your question, but I'll bump your thread to see if anyone else can.

Chris

New to pellet smoking and using this is concert with my Kamado. I love the easy cooking with the smoker but it seems like I get more of a smoke flavor from using my Kamado. Am I doing something wrong or is this typical? I love the versatility of the Estate but wondering if I can add smoke flavor to my cooking.
\

ive heard that you can get a 'smoke chip tube'' to put near the burner, thus better smoke.

No doubt you do get a stronger smoke flavor from your Kamodo than your Louisiana grill. That said, there are some things you can do with your pellet grill to increase the smoke flavor. You could use one of the AMAZIN Pellet products to augment your smoke. You could smoke at a lower temp for the first couple hours to increase the amount of smoke generated and absorbed before you crank the temp up to finish the cook.

There is no doubt that using your pellet grill is super easy. Just to point out, there are lots of competitions being won using pellet grills. Most of those, though, are augmenting their smoke with additional smoke generating "stuff".

Don't give up. Use them both. You'll soon find that you're using them for their strengths in particular areas of cooking and smoking, wondering how you ever made it with only one before.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky