Looks like Rural King's house brand pellets didn't make the cut. They are back to Lumberjack.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DougE

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 13, 2010
Richmond,KY
Lumberjack is back in their stores!

1679604639850.png

I really like Lumberjack pellets. Our local farm store has sales occasionally... $7.99 per 20 lb bag. I always buy more!

Ryan

Reactions: DougE
They were $7.99 looks like its jumped up $4, might stick with Kingsford . Wife went ny there today but was looking a crate bottom

They were $7.99 looks like its jumped up $4, might stick with Kingsford
Kingsford pellets go for around 20 bucks a bag around here. I like them about as good as LJ, but the price is pretty steep.

I'm waiting for the local farm store (Bomgaars) to run a sale so I can stock up for summer.

I got 2 briskets to cook this weekend and will do 1 on the Austin, going to run by rural king Saturday and have a look. Son has a 40th birthday next week so supper Sunday,

I haven't been able to find LJ here for quite some time. I really like those but just can't get them.

Wish I could find LJ pellets in my area. Dick's was the only place that had them and they stopped carrying them. Getting low on my apple and char/hickory.

Academy Sports just added multiple LJ varieties to their website, but not sure if you can pick up in the store. They charge more for shipping than the actual pellets, as seems to be the case at most LJ retailers. Even Amazon, the free shipping appears to have been rolled into the price of the pellets.

Does anyone have an opinion on LJ quality since they were acquired by Lignetics? I heard that the quality may be not as good as it used to be. Also heard that the Cabela’s private label pellets are actually LJ. Closest brick and mortar to me to pick up LJ is an hour away so I switched to Bear Mountain for the convenience. Any thoughts on LJ vs BM?

Atwoods has on sale now. It is a 45 minute drive over there. Need to find a reasoning to drive over that way.

View attachment 661032

Those are excellent prices!
The only way I've ever bought LJ pellets has been by the ton and delivered.
When I first started buying them I would get them for that price.
Now, more like $9+ per #20 bag.
$500+ on shipping a ton is what hurts.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky