Looking to buy a Pellet Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Zarn

Original poster
Mar 16, 2018
I am looking to buy my first Pellet smoker. My big question will a pellet smoker put char on the bbq meat like a normal smoker will ? Thanks

Not sure what you mean by 'normal smoker', but I don't usually associated char with smoking low and slow. A pellet grill can certainly get hot enough to char, if that's what you want.

I am looking to buy my first Pellet smoker. My big question will a pellet smoker put char on the bbq meat like a normal smoker will ? Thanks
I have had my Woodwind for about 3 weeks now and so far it has given me about the same bark as I have gotten from my WSM. I am pleased with it.

I have had my Woodwind for about 3 weeks now and so far it has given me about the same bark as I have gotten from my WSM. I am pleased with it.

Ah, I didn't associate the term 'char' with bark. Makes sense. Yes, pellet grill will produce great bark.

I have a green mountain grill Daniel boon model. Had it for a Lil over a year and absolutely love it. Not one complaint. As a matter of fact I just bought the pizza oven attachment for it and tried it out today. Love it.
The smoker does everything I could possibly want. I easily hit 500 degrees when I want too and as low as 150.
I'm sure just about any name brand you buy will be good as long as you get a reputable name brand smoker

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky