Looking to buy a flat top. Any input?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Another Camp Chef FT600 owner here. I have nothing but good things to say about my griddle but if I were buying one today, I would have to look hard at the new Char Griller Premium griddle. https://www.chargriller.com/collections/gas-griddles/products/premium-cabinet# Seems to have a lot of great features, the regular 4 burner with lid is also nice. My only real complaint about my 600 is I have to remove the propane tank to lower the side shelf. The cover I have needs to have the shelves down to fit but that is a minor inconvenience. I also purchased a hard cover for it that I use all the time.

Everyone thanks for the input. I decided to go for the 36” Camp Chef. Biggest deal breaker for me was honestly the folding side shelves and the wind guard. Can’t wait to get it and I’ll definitely post up a review and first cook.

Thanks for the input guys. Just watched a comparison on the two. And now thinking maybe the camp chef 600. I like the idea of the wind guard, the folding shelves which is big as far as storage, and looking at the grease trap I think I like it in the front more. Not really sure why.
I have both. The blackstone is better. The black and orange one with lid. The air fryer built in is awesome. It was hard to get. You have to watch your local walmart like a hawk. They come in and there are people literally camped out in the parking lot to snatch them up. Worth it in every way. Camp chef ftg 600 has been sold out for quite some time and if you get one you are going to drop 200 bucks on an aftermarket lid.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky