Looking for some advise on a smoker build.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Climbr

Original poster
Jul 15, 2020
New here, looking for some advise. I'm about to build a reverse flow smoker from a 120 gallon propane tank and need some advise on sizing the fire box. I have watched several builds and they seem to have large fireboxes but only build small fires in them. My cooking chamber is about 5' long and 2' in diameter. I'm planning on using a 4" pipe for the exhaust. Any advise would be appreciated.

New here, looking for some advise. I'm about to build a reverse flow smoker from a 120 gallon propane tank and need some advise on sizing the fire box. I have watched several builds and they seem to have large fireboxes but only build small fires in them. My cooking chamber is about 5' long and 2' in diameter. I'm planning on using a 4" pipe for the exhaust. Any advise would be appreciated.

The DaveOmak calculator will give you what you need for numbers.

JC :emoji_cat:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky