Looking for Opinions on the best Rotisserie for a weber 22

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

worktogthr

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 3, 2013
Massapequa, NY (Long Island)
I have been looking around for possible ideas as my wife is begging me to tell her what I want for christmas.  I was looking into rotisseries and I just wanted to hear your opinions.  Even though it is a gift, it is coming from the same bank account so I am looking for a combination of affordability and quality.  There is the standard one that weber makes for the kettle but that is on the pricier side and I have read that it doesnt fit well on the Performer which is what I have (Might be picking up another kettle on craigslist but that's another story haha) and then there is this:

On the above item, I was wondering if the stainless steel is worth it.  Like I said I might be picking up a stand alone 22 kettle for next to nothing soon and I could just use that as my rotisserie rig and get a larger cover which might make the stainless steel worth it because the humidity in the summer won't get to it as much.  or is this too risky because the electrical parts of the rotisserie are better off stored inside?  

And as a last question.  Are there any expandible rotisseries out there that would fit both a 22 and a 26 as I have both and use the 26 most often

Thanks to anyone who could get through this rambling and give me some advice. haha

-Chris

I have the Cajun bandit ring and rotisserie and love it. It's a little more pricey but is stainless and stored in our garage when not in use. I use battery power and am still on the first set it also has electric power for a few more $$. I don't think there are units that expand but I could be wrong. I can fit two racks of baby backs on the spit or four racks if I use the ribolator,which is an extra cost,but prefer them on the spit. I recommend this setup it's a little more but I'm very happy with it and I think you would be as well.

I have the Cajun bandit ring and rotisserie and love it. It's a little more pricey but is stainless and stored in our garage when not in use. I use battery power and am still on the first set it also has electric power for a few more $$. I don't think there are units that expand but I could be wrong. I can fit two racks of baby backs on the spit or four racks if I use the ribolator,which is an extra cost,but prefer them on the spit. I recommend this setup it's a little more but I'm very happy with it and I think you would be as well.

Thanks so much for the input and the pics! I was looking at the Cajun bandit today and it's looks solid. Does it work well with heavier loads?

I haven't put anything heavier then the pork butt on it,and cannot remember the weight of it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky