Looking for meat resting cooler

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

superump

Original poster
Apr 26, 2021
Hi. I saw a meat resting cooler that had a cutting board in the lid and serving trays inside......multi use cooler for resting meat, and now I can't find it! Any suggestions or recommendations???? Thanks

the Camco Currituck 30qt and 50qt offer cutting boards that go on top of the cooler. No personal experience with them but may be worth looking into.

Reactions: superump
I just can't see spending money on anything more than these.
1619486266939.png

A dedicated towel and a dedicated cooler is all that's needed. Spend your money on more meats!
No doubt, when I was first starting out I used one of our bath towels not a big deal right? WRONG it was washed with fabric softener and dried with dryer sheets and the fragrance permeated into the brisket.
I about lost it over that one, it's one of those mistakes you will only make once in your lifetime.:emoji_joy:

No doubt, when I was first starting out I used one of our bath towels not a big deal right? WRONG it was washed with fabric softener and dried with dryer sheets and the fragrance permeated into the brisket.
I about lost it over that one, it's one of those mistakes you will only make once in your lifetime.:emoji_joy:
It's one of those things that is often overlooked in any "Beginner Guide "

Properly timed, comes with experience,and cooked meat, does not need more that a 30 minute Countertop Rest. A Perfectly cooked Pork Butt, probe tender, bone nearly falling out, is NOT going to get even Better or more Perfect, sitting in a cooler 1, 2, 5 hours.
Coolers are a benefit when, for whatever reason, your meat is done early or you need to take you meat on the Road.
There really isn't a reason to spend big bucks on a cooler you should or will rarely use. Not to mention, a Cutting Board topped Cooler, will be too low to work up the meat placed on the ground, your Dog will appreciate it, and too High if the coolers on the Counter...Just another perspective....Good Luck....JJ

I personally use a cheap foam cooler my wife got from her old job. I just wash it out when done and don't care that it's stained. This along with an old blanket are what I use when resting a pork butt or brisket.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky