Looking For Info On My New 75 Year Old Slicer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi folks,
I recently purchased a Berkel non-electric, lever operated meat slicer and I'm in the process of cleaning it up and restoring it to as close to new as I'm able. It's been sitting in a shed for the last 15 or 20 years so it needs a real good cleaning most of all. It appears to be all there and now that I've got everything moving again I'm anxious to see it slicing meat for jerky, but first I want to completely dismantle it and clean it up. As near as I can tell, it was made around 1940 or a little later judging by the patent dates that run from 1928 to 1940.
It's fairly small as commercial slicers go but it still weighs a ton. I suspect that maybe these would have been made for smaller stores and cafes.
I have a serial number, but no model number and in my research I've been able to find info on Berkel slicers going back over 100 years, but nothing on a lever drive. I'd sure be grateful for any information that you folks can provide.

Hi idk if you're still on this forum..but I have the exact slicer and can't find much info on it..It was my boyfriend's Father's..and we were wanting to sell it..it's way too heavy and I haven't got a place to put it..I would love to see your finished project..And ask you if it was hard to restore it..maybe I will just do that and keep it..I use this one alot for meat potatoes carrots etc..it's a good little slicer.. thanks I'm Sherry

I just purchased a Model H. I am also looking for information. blue hill, did you find a meat tray? Thanks for any help.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky