Looking for ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jake0531

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 10, 2017
Mulvane, KS
Looking for ideas on snacking/small appetizers, something for everyone to have before the food is done and just hanging out
I like the idea of trying to make something like the cinnamon sugar peanuts they have at cabelas this time of year. Haven’t looked at recipes but figure if anyone has any I’d give them a try
Also like bacon candy ideas. Post your favorite bacon candy recipes
Any other small appetizers or snacks would be appreciated. Trying to give stuff a try to have my Super Bowl snacks ready when that time comes

This first one is not bacon, but it can be made the day before and either reheated or just set out and served at room temperature. These are slices of Plum Pork, a Chinese appetizer made from pork tenderloin., they look larger in the photo than in real life. This involves a marinade, a finishing sauce on the grill, and a plum dipping sauce. Some toasted sesame seeds are on the side for more dipping and crunch.

90bwlmn.jpg

No cooking for this one. This is prosciutto (Italian ham) that has been wrapped around mango cubes served on mint leaves. The saltiness of the ham and sweet of the mango go well together.

M7It1Ze.jpg

Now these appetizers.... are bacon seasoned in the pig candy style with brown sugar and cayenne, wrapped around an all beef Li'l Smokey. It takes 1/3 of a slice of bacon to wrap each Smokey, so if you buy a 50 count bag, you need 17 or 18 slices of bacon. the Smokies are already cooked, so when the bacon is your indicator of doneness.

EABnTkq.jpg

Reactions: jcam222
Can't go wrong with ABT's

One of the first things I did from the site " ideas " VERY addictive .

One of the first things I did from the site " ideas " VERY addictive .
Those pretzels look pretty tasty. I bookmarked that recipe.

Reactions: chopsaw
Those pretzels look pretty tasty. I bookmarked that recipe.
I do a " bottom of the bag " batch too . Whatever gets left in the pantry . Pretzels , cheese its , peanuts , whatever . Mix it all together and use the seasoning mix .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky