Looking for good Q in DC, Phili, Virgina and NJ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

burn-it

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
San Diego CA
Gonna to make a trip to the east coast this summer and want to find some good BBQ while we are there.

Here are the places we will be visiting while there:

1) DC

2) VA (Arlington, Charlottesville, Yorktown, Jamestown, Williamsburg, Alexandria, Vienna)

3) PA (Phili, Gettysburg, Valley Forge)

4) NJ (Fort McHenry)

I'm gonna need lots of good sustenance for this jam-packed trip. 

Not sure about VA or DC. If you decide to go to MD I know a few places in So MD that are pretty dang good.

In DC your choices for GOOD bbq are pretty limited. The best I've had is a little place on 7th street called Capital Q. The food's really good and the atmosphere is pretty cool. There's also Rockland's BBQ. It's pretty ordinary from my experience, but better than TGI Friday's. Widely considered to be the best and most authentic is a place called Mr. P's Ribs and Fish. I've not been, but I hear good things. It's apparently located in a Safeway parking lot. There was talk a while back that he'd been kicked off the premises, but from the recent reviews it looks like he's still going strong. Another place you might want to try is Ben's Chili Bowl. not BBQ, but a DC institution and has really good food. Enjoy your trip and if you have any other questions about the area feel free to ask.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky