Looking for Corpus Christi BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

azcharlie

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 21, 2009
Phoenix AZ
I'm headed to Corpus Christi TX latter this month to visit family. Last time I was there (a year ago) my son-in-law took us out for Q and I have to say I was not impressed. So this trip I would like to take them to a BBQ joint that has good food and atmosphere.

So my question is. Is there anyone that can recommend a place to find good Texas Q in Corpus Christi?

Cotten's was THE place to go but it burnt down.  His grandson's opened a place but I think he sued them so not sure how that's going.

Rudy's is a region chain - it ain't bad.

I heard BIll MIller's is pretty good but I've not been there.

Thanks for the help Bama. I will check these out on the web. I have tried Rudy's out here in Arizona it was OK. But I would really like to try a local joint. But like I said I will check them out and see what they have as far as reviews

Thanks again Charlie   

Does it need to be Corpus Christi, because I can recommend Kreuz in Lockhart, TX(BBQ Capital of Texas) that is the best BBQ I have ever had. But it is of course 2-3 hours away from Corpus. So just a thought.

I'm only going to be there for 3 days so I would like it to be in Corpus. I really don't want to spend a lot of time driving around. Want to spend as much time as I can spoiling my great-grand kids while there. Thanks for the suggestion though

Charlie

OK guys I'm heading to Corpus Christi next week for 4 days to visit my daughter, granddaughter and my two great grandkids. I'm still looking for suggestions for someplace to get good Q. Any Ideas?

Cotten's was THE place to go but it burnt down.  His grandson's opened a place but I think he sued them so not sure how that's going.

Rudy's is a region chain - it ain't bad.

I heard BIll MIller's is pretty good but I've not been there.
Rudys and Bill Millers both use gas fired rotisserie ovens. Bill Miller BBQ is all cooked  in San Antonio at a commissary and shipped out to the stores in Texas every day. I live right behind a Rudys. so I know how they cook their meat. I would avoid both and find a good old mom and pop place hole in the wall joint. I dont go to down South to Corpus much so I can't be of any help on where TO go., only where NOT to go.

HT

I checked on Cotton's and it looks like they are only open until 3:00 PM. I may have found a place it's called Bar-B-Q man. The reviews look pretty good. (but who knows) Does anyone have any experience with this place 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky