Looking for an inexpensive portable pellet smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shanefartick

Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I am looking for a relatively inexpensive portable pellet smoker. I own a traeger and love it. My next home unit is the RecTec. However I need a pellet smoker which I can put in my trunk for a tail gate or for camping. I am looking at the Green Mountain Davy Crockett. Any other suggestions? None of the dealers are within 100 miles of me so I am a bit frustrated because the shipping will be almost as much as the smoker.

OK I am ready for suggestions and opinions!!

Thanks

That is a LITTLE TOO INEXPENSIVE!!   I am looking for a digitally controlled pellet smoker like the GMC Davy Crockett. They sell it at $349 + Shipping. I would like to be under $300 if possible

That is a LITTLE TOO INEXPENSIVE!!   I am looking for a digitally controlled pellet smoker like the GMC Davy Crockett. They sell it at $349 + Shipping. I would like to be under $300 if possible

Off the top of my head the only tailgater other than that GMG DC that I can think of is made by Traeger. I've heard rumors that Rec Tec is in the design phase of putting out a tailgater size cooker, but I don't know what their time table might be.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky