looking for a new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chuckerg

Fire Starter
Original poster
I have the MES 30 and love about everything to do with it except the size. the 40 is bigger but not by much. I plan on doing a few larger beef briskets and pork loins this summer and there is just no way the will fit any recommendations?

That depends on whether you want a bigger electric smoker or are willing to go with a charcoal smoker. I don't know if they make an electric much bigger than the MES 40. For large capacity, it's hard to beat a charcoal smoker with an offset firebox. The Char-broil Longhorn is an example of a decent one that wouldnt break the bank.

I have the MES 30 and love about everything to do with it except the size. the 40 is bigger but not by much. I plan on doing a few larger beef briskets and pork loins this summer and there is just no way the will fit any recommendations?

I bought a pellet grill and really like it, a lot ! Just my 2 cents !

I would say that if you want to stay with an electric the Cajun Injector dual door is a large electric that has worked well for me for several years. I have done tons of smokes on it and it has served me well. For the last year though I have tended to use it less and now it mostly is used to do all of my fish.

The smoker that I tend to use the most in the last year is a WSM 22.5" charcoal smoker. It was only $399.00 (about the cost of the Cajun Injector) I love this thing for many reasons. Great results at a very reasonable price. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky