Looking for a killer bbq sauce for wagyu ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good call on going naked on them. Man especially being Wagyu. Even choice beef ribs are rich and juicy. I like using SPOG and when it starts to slurry a very light coating of fine ground espresso.
SPOG?

So the ribs came quite early,they showed up last night!!
I kept one out to defrost and kept the other 2 racks frozen.when thawed I used some traeger beef rub which suites my tastes perfectly,I can really taste the chili's and it has a wonderful sweetness to it which I also prefer.wrapoed the rack up in plastic wrap and in the fridge for the night.i don't have a smoker so I am cooking half the rack at 300 degrees.
I took 2 ribs and got the charcoal grill going(I couldn't wait,I had to try this wagyu!!
Just took it off the coals and it's testing now...taste test to come
20230127_145050.jpg

Just cut a piece off and tried it.........PURE BEEF BLISS!!
might be the best beef I've ever Ate.
No lie,it's that good.im so glad i didn't use bbq sauce.

Reactions: tallbm
After thinking about it I agree!it's like cooking a real good steak to well done....go buy jerky!!lol

Thanks everyone
Or putting ketchup on it.

Ribs turned out great from the looks of them. What kind of charcoal grill do you have?

Jim

Just a 30 dollar 30" round one....
I pulled the ribs from the oven and I think maybe low and slow isn't the way to go.there is so many ribbons of fat in these ribs that they shrunk a lot...and I was left with over a cup of fat from 4 ribs...
The ones I grilled on charcoal were cooked to medium and were incredible....not saying the low and slow won't be great...but for the money I want as much weight as i can get and why waste that wonderful wagyu beef fat?

Reactions: JLeonard
Just a 30 dollar 30" round one....
I pulled the ribs from the oven and I think maybe low and slow isn't the way to go.there is so many ribbons of fat in these ribs that they shrunk a lot...and I was left with over a cup of fat from 4 ribs...
The ones I grilled on charcoal were cooked to medium and were incredible....not saying the low and slow won't be great...but for the money I want as much weight as i can get and why waste that wonderful wagyu beef fat?
Get you a basic Weber Kettle for about $150. It is a versatile cooking machine. You tube videos on using the kettle. Go to dollar tree and buy a stack of aluminum pans. Use that to collect the drippings from the ribs. You can then pour the drippings off into a bowl and let them cool. The fat will settle to the top in a layer. Separate that from the drippings. BOOM! The best cooking fat you will ever want.

Jim

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Those ribs look and sound incredible. I would have suggested going naked for the first cook. Then adjust the seasoning to your tasteon the next one. Nice job they really to look good.

BTW if all else fails. You can always dip the finished ribs in A1 sauce. LOL

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: jcam222
Those ribs look and sound incredible. I would have suggested going naked for the first cook. Then adjust the seasoning to your tasteon the next one. Nice job they really to look good.

BTW if all else fails. You can always dip the finished ribs in A1 sauce. LOL

Point for sure
Chris
I feel like plate rubs are almost as fail proof as pork butt. Even choice is so well marbled. I do enjoy mine very basic rubbed for that big beefy flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky