• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Looking for a good rib glaze

otter

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 17, 2010
Hey  this is Otter Try adding 1/2 Cup Of Brown Sugar with what you have I think You will be Pleased Sounds Good

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
I usually just put some BBQ sauce on them but I am liking some of these idea's and I will have to give some of them a try next time on my ribs.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 7, 2006
T-Bones sticky apple ribs...THE best! 

I've been using this for a few years now, hubs won a back yard comp with it...it's definitely a sweet sauce, I tweek the paprika and pepper a little bit. You won't be disappointed in this glaze...

Sticky apple ribs

[hr][/hr]

For the sauce:

1/4tsp pepper
1/4tsp paprika
1/4tsp cinamon
1/4tsp garlic salt
1 cup brown sugar ( tightly packed )
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
3 tblsp lemon juice

Mix all above ingredients and heat over low heat till smooth, refridgerate overnight ( optional )

rub down ribs with your favorite rub ,wrap and place in fridge overnight ,if using babybacks remove the membrane,place in smoker nextday and follow 3-2-1- method using apple for smoke ,spraying periodically with applejuice.
Use sauce generously (on both sides ) or to taste when foiling along with a little splash of applejuice.
Baste with sauce both sides 2 times after removing from foil, during the set-up time ( last hour ).

This will make enough sauce to do approx 6 full slabs of babybacks,and the end result should be deliciously sticky sweet apple ribs ...

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 23, 2010
Here's something I tried recently.

1/2 cup fancy molasses

1/2 cup ketchup

2 garlic cloves minced

1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard

1 Tbsp cider vinegar.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.