lookin for new 4 probe or more that can graph

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
Hey All,

I been using my thermpro tp08 for a while with no real issues. burned up my grill probes a couple times burning off LOL my fault not the probes. I' am going to start doing some longer more complicated cooks like brisket. i wanted to get a new unit that can graph and export grill and met temps. I' am NOT looking to spend 270 bucks. I was lookin at the tp25 thoughts and any other units in that range?

I own several ThermoPro products and I've had no issues with any of them.InkBird not so much since I started using a couple of their products.

Reactions: negolien
I have the Inkbird waterproof wifi 4 probe unit. Its a good unit, but it has some quirks. I routinely lose graph data and I lose connection whenever the alarm goes off. Its odd. Other than that its been great.

• Sad
I have the inkbird 4 probe works good but it does not save the graph once you turn it off not a big deal for me.

I have the Inkbird waterproof wifi 4 probe unit. Its a good unit, but it has some quirks. I routinely lose graph data and I lose connection whenever the alarm goes off. Its odd. Other than that its been great.

I've had several issues with that particular unit.First waterproof it ain't,mine started to completely malfunction the moment it was exposed to a light mist and would not turn off until the unit was completely drained.Second its range sucks.Third the probes are not very durable.

I'll stick with my ThermoPros.The price is right,they too are a site sponsor and I've had zero issues with the three products of theirs I own.I can't say that about InkBird.

I've had several issues with that particular unit.First waterproof it ain't,mine started to completely malfunction the moment it was exposed to a light mist and would not turn off until the unit was completely drained.Second its range sucks.Third the probes are not very durable.

I'll stick with my ThermoPros.The price is right,they too are a site sponsor and I've had zero issues with the three products of theirs I own.I can't say that about InkBird.
Mine lives on the Traeger and it hasnt had any issues yet through the rain, snow, and frost. Range has been excellent for me, as in it connects to my wifi and I have monitored my cook from across town. Probes are as durable as the other inkbirds I've used, never had a problem. Other than the software quirks its been just fine.

works great as a stand alone unit doesn't synch with BT or wifi though so /shrug. I am using a 2.4 connection tried all day neither of the inkbird apps work at all i had to use a ibbq-4t APP but even though this app actually shows the product it won't connect via bt hotspot or wifi.

Finally got the ibbq-4t to synch up. not sure what the issue was .shrug didn't change anything I tried i did mash the button a couple times while fast flashing and the round circle looking for product. /shrug. Probably user error.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky