Look What I Found!!! Dino Ribs!! Help?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pduke216

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
9 Lb package of DINO RIBS! Two 4 1/2 lb slabs. This will be my first try. I am only going to rub them with salt & pepper (I know boring) I want to get a taste and go from there. Here is my plan for sunday: I am going to get these on about 11am. I might have to cut them in half to fit in the GOSM. Now do I spray or should I foil after 2 hours or so depending on pullback? I was thinking spraying every 1/2 hour after 2 hours with 1/2 capt morgan 1/2 pineapple juice and not foiling. I will add the ABTs and stuffed fattys (onion, peppers, colby jack) about 2pm. What do you think?

You can do a 3-2-1 on them, but beef ribs do not need to smoke as long as Pork ribs do. How ever you like your steak, is how I do my beef ribs. I tend to cut these apart individually. Marinade over night in Mojo Crillio, then put them all in an almuminum pan with alittle of the marinade. Around 3 1/2 to 4 hours, no foil. As they smoke, move them around in the pan. Once they have a nice color, they are done. Excellent.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

You have lots of good options. The discovery process is fun.

As Flash said, 3½ to 4 hours. I spray after about an hour. I would cut them apart before smoking.

Hope this helps!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

I've done beef ribs a couple of times, but I haven't been able to get the results I would like. I've only used a rub, not a marinade, and then smoked for 3 to 4 hours. They were still pretty chewy. Maybe the marinade would help them get more tender than just doing a rub.

What is the reasoning behind cutting them into singles and leaving the slab whole?

Just easier to work with it seems. Cut them now, cut them later. Really it does not matter, but for fitting in the pan I use, it is better.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky