Long over due. But here's my first Ooni run.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm at work. But my son just made a pizza.
pizza.jpg

He used store bought dough. And ran the oven at 930 the whole cook. Came out pretty darn good for his first time.

My buddy has one and we always do a pizza night. The Ooni's cook time is unreal, almost too fast but the pizzas come out great once you get the hang of it. I had never heard of them until he got one, they are super cool!

I owned the very first model and never did like it. Looks like they have improved them but Ooni has left a bad taste in my mouth so I will not be reinvesting in a new model. Give me my cast iron pizza pan and I am very happy with the results and I saved myself a fortune :)

I owned the very first model and never did like it. Looks like they have improved them but Ooni has left a bad taste in my mouth so I will not be reinvesting in a new model. Give me my cast iron pizza pan and I am very happy with the results and I saved myself a fortune :)

It's always a crap shoot when buying an initial run item. From stereos to sneakers. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

I’ve been making pies at home for years and it was still a bit of a learning curve for me when I bought my Ooni 16. I turn down the flames right before I launch. Turn pie 120 degrees every 20 secs and it’s done. No sugar or diastatic malt ever. In find a 14 inch pie a bit more manageable...congrats and good luck on your journey to pizza greatness.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky