Lonestar offset

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joetee

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 25, 2017
Georgetown, Ky
Well I ordered a lonestar offset smoker, 20x36. I won't get it until maybe December. This is killing me to have to wait so long.
I have purchased some pin oak and started splitting it, stacking it. Hopefully it will season out well for this spring.
Oh I'm so impatient.

Reactions: Ranch House
Congratulations.
No experience with a Lone Star.

I had a crappy Brinkmann offset that I bought intending only as a charcoal grill.
The offset lured me in to get beyond my Big Chief for smoking.
The rest is all smoke up the chimney

Reactions: joetee
I got my LSG last December. It has to be the easiest thing to cook on i have ever used.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20191218_132417.jpg
    MVIMG_20191218_132417.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 102
See my Avatar and you will recognize a 20 x42 LSG. I cook on it fairly often and find it to meet my needs very well. I do not cook for more than a dozen folks max at a time.

The quality of the fabrication is some of the best you will see. The performance of LSG's 20 series pits is what drew me to them to begin with and I have confirmed their claims are valid.

You will love your pit. Did you do any upgrades when you ordered it?

See my Avatar and you will recognize a 20 x42 LSG. I cook on it fairly often and find it to meet my needs very well. I do not cook for more than a dozen folks max at a time.

The quality of the fabrication is some of the best you will see. The performance of LSG's 20 series pits is what drew me to them to begin with and I have confirmed their claims are valid.

You will love your pit. Did you do any upgrades when you ordered it?
Yes I did. I ordered about everything they recommended. Let's see...
Fire management basket.
Probe ports, 2.
Brass drain valve.
Air controller port.
Main Chamber grilling grate incase I have a lot of burgers etc for a party.
Ash Rake and fire poker with Utensil storage rack.
Can't remember if there was anything else.
Oh yes. Extra door seal
High heat black touch up paint.
Pull handle.

I think that's sums it up. I though if I'm going to get a great and expensive smoker, I may as well go all in. LOL

I'm so excited. My first offset.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fueling Around
Sure enough can. I wouldn’t shoot your load at once but build it up to climax and enjoy the ride. Fire be pretty hot in the box if you aimed for broke out of the gate

Oh I'll be kind with it. I just was wondering how hot I can go before there is a problem just to be safe with the old girl.

I don’t have that model but my gauges were there. They peg at 500

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky