Lonestar Grillz Pellet Smoker Info

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MrAhmerGamer

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 4, 2022
This forum and so many of you helped me make sense of this fun and confusing at first, world of smoking meat. Your help directed me to purchasing a Weber SmokeFire and using it every week for months. After a few months with the SmokeFire, I realized smoking meat was a new hobby that was here to stay.

Weber released a new version, I returned my SF and preordered through BBQ guys, stoked but bummed because I’d be over a month without a smoker and I was due to cook a brisket!! As I was waiting, a smoking meat forum worm was digging through my head. I posted a few months back about finding a smoker that left a good smoke taste on the meat. I was surprised as I combed the internet about pellet smokers and learned that many owners of many different brands felt like the smoke profile wasn’t as strong as they liked. That’s what ultimately pushed me to a SF. But someone in the thread mentioned Lonestar Grillz, check them out. Being a good YouTuber, I headed over. It was one of those things you can’t unsee.

They looked amazing. But way out of my price range for a hobby I didn’t even know that I would like. Fast forward to me waiting for the new SF, the worm hit something. I said F it. Buy once, cry once. Cancelled my preorder and ordered a Lonestar.

Now the long wait begins. So in the mean time, I’m still coming down from the big purchase high and want to consume and live vicariously through people that have these suckers. I’m scouring YT, this forum and others. There just isn’t a ton of stuff out there. I would love to hear about any of your experiences with this pellet smoker. Your wait times. Why you decided to stand in this slowly moving line, haha. Let me know! Post some pics! Not to take away from this amazing place, but I started a r/lonestargrillz page too if anyone is interested. Post away!

Congrats on taking the plunge! Yes the cost is high but I have heard nothing but good about the cooker. And now the looooong wait!
The workmanship of LSG product is outstanding. I have their insulated cabinet and luv it.

Congrats! It’s worth it, BTW, you’ll be spending a lot more of you stick around here🤣
oh dude, if this site could somehow make commission, haha. Part of the reason I made the plunge was that I was pretty set. Meat probes, instant read thermo, trays and pans. I am freaking ready!! But it came after I got to this site and bought the SmokeFire and realize I was only part of the way there.

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
This forum and so many of you helped me make sense of this fun and confusing at first, world of smoking meat. Your help directed me to purchasing a Weber SmokeFire and using it every week for months. After a few months with the SmokeFire, I realized smoking meat was a new hobby that was here to stay.

Weber released a new version, I returned my SF and preordered through BBQ guys, stoked but bummed because I’d be over a month without a smoker and I was due to cook a brisket!! As I was waiting, a smoking meat forum worm was digging through my head. I posted a few months back about finding a smoker that left a good smoke taste on the meat. I was surprised as I combed the internet about pellet smokers and learned that many owners of many different brands felt like the smoke profile wasn’t as strong as they liked. That’s what ultimately pushed me to a SF. But someone in the thread mentioned Lonestar Grillz, check them out. Being a good YouTuber, I headed over. It was one of those things you can’t unsee.

They looked amazing. But way out of my price range for a hobby I didn’t even know that I would like. Fast forward to me waiting for the new SF, the worm hit something. I said F it. Buy once, cry once. Cancelled my preorder and ordered a Lonestar.

Now the long wait begins. So in the mean time, I’m still coming down from the big purchase high and want to consume and live vicariously through people that have these suckers. I’m scouring YT, this forum and others. There just isn’t a ton of stuff out there. I would love to hear about any of your experiences with this pellet smoker. Your wait times. Why you decided to stand in this slowly moving line, haha. Let me know! Post some pics! Not to take away from this amazing place, but I started a r/lonestargrillz page too if anyone is interested. Post away!
Congrats! I’m a month in on my LSG 20x42 pellet wait. Ordered March 18, 2022. I’ve also been curious what the wait time is after the new facility addition. I’ve seen a few posts here and there on the interwebs but nothing recent. I’m replacing a dated but functional Traeger that has served me well for most of a decade. It really did replace my stick-burner and gas grill for the regular family cooks and weekend briskets. I’ve always said that I would buy another one tomorrow just to cook bacon if it ever stopped working. Having said that I also knew it’s limitations. For the last few years I’ve been wanting to replace it with something that could do everything I like about pellet cooking but do it better. I’ve seen most of the major players in action and felt like the LSG checked the boxes I needed checked. To prevent this from being ultra lengthy and debating pros and cons from all the great options that weren’t available last time I tried a pellet I wanted to help the others searching for the same wait times I’m searching. Additionally I would like to thank all the contributors over the years that I’ve been reading from the shadows without a response. Will keep you posted and keep contributing.

Congrats!

I just ordered a LSG 20 x 42 Pellet Smoker with the off-road wheel package on April 22, 2022. I suspect I won't see it until the fall.

Congrats!

I just ordered a LSG 20 x 42 Pellet Smoker with the off-road wheel package on April 22, 2022. I suspect I won't see it until the fall.
I was just not buying that it would take so long. Well I emailed this week to change something on my order and just wanted a real response on timing, they said expect the full 18 weeks that’s just the way it is. And the more people I’ve run into online, it’s just verified. So I’m expecting early fall as well. Dang it!!
r/lonestargrillz

I was just not buying that it would take so long. Well I emailed this week to change something on my order and just wanted a real response on timing, they said expect the full 18 weeks that’s just the way it is. And the more people I’ve run into online, it’s just verified. So I’m expecting early fall as well. Dang it!!
r/lonestargrillz

I am thinking 18 weeks is a very conservative timeline. A few have said they waited 20 or more weeks.

I am thinking 18 weeks is a very conservative timeline. A few have said they waited 20 or more weeks.
Yup. The more people I find on the internet that have ordered one have said what you are saying. Just seems wild. But worth it. They just got a big firmware update, so it's good to see that FireBoard is still working on making their LSG controller better.

Reactions: RoadRunner18

I have a SmokeFire and ordered the Lonestar Pellet 36 in March. I'm still waiting, but really looking forward to the new grill. I have had all sorts of issues with my Smokefire and may just set it on the curb when the new one comes in. You made the right choice!

Not a pellet burner, but I'm just getting ready to place my order on a LSG insulated vertical smoker. Like you, the price held me at bay for several years but I'm into smoking enough now and realize the shortcomings of of the few bargain versions I've owned so far and am ready to invest in the best. I'm looking at this as a lifetime investment which will probably go to either my kids or grandkids some day.

Congrats! I’m a month in on my LSG 20x42 pellet wait. Ordered March 18, 2022. I’ve also been curious what the wait time is after the new facility addition. I’ve seen a few posts here and there on the interwebs but nothing recent. I’m replacing a dated but functional Traeger that has served me well for most of a decade. It really did replace my stick-burner and gas grill for the regular family cooks and weekend briskets. I’ve always said that I would buy another one tomorrow just to cook bacon if it ever stopped working. Having said that I also knew it’s limitations. For the last few years I’ve been wanting to replace it with something that could do everything I like about pellet cooking but do it better. I’ve seen most of the major players in action and felt like the LSG checked the boxes I needed checked. To prevent this from being ultra lengthy and debating pros and cons from all the great options that weren’t available last time I tried a pellet I wanted to help the others searching for the same wait times I’m searching. Additionally I would like to thank all the contributors over the years that I’ve been reading from the shadows without a response. Will keep you posted and keep contributing.
Update: Ordered 3-18
Fab email 6-14
Ready to crate call 7-22

Still waiting on mine.
3 weeks and 5 days left of the projected 14 week wait for mine.
Hope to hear about it being build in a week or so.

The waiting is killing me. Haha

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky